Digital Support Executive – TOTUM Gateway & TOTUM Community
Location: Central Manchester
OneVoice Digital is an exciting, new company formed by two organisations, Arrk and NUS. OneVoice Digital’s aim is to support membership organisations build engaging communities of common interest online. OneVoice Digital delivers UnionCloud which enables effective engagement with members of Students’ unions through a selection of modular tools to form a perfect online presence and TOTUM an all-encompassing app that connects students with every-day student life, from discounts, events, ID, and more. Currently our customer base is expanding beyond this as we are beginning to enlist new types of membership organisations.
This role exists to support our Customer Partners in the swift and efficient onboarding and ongoing support of new customers with two of our products. For the most part this will be in the Further Education Sector though there will be some Higher Education and Professional Organisations too. The successful candidate will support users and triage problems, escalating more complicated incidents/requests to development teams, as appropriate. Much of the initial onboarding will take place via teleconferencing and shared screens, the candidate must be comfortable working in this manner.
- To proactively ensure that customers receive an excellent support experience, proactively helping to solve technical issues by triaging problems, resolving and escalating as appropriate.
- To induct new customers to our digital platforms, whilst diligently following our procedures to ensure that they have the skills to utilise the system after on boarding.
- To work with and report back to our customer partners about the technical ability and user insight about the product
- To develop, maintain and update TOTUM Community and TOTUM Gateway training materials, from User Guides, to Training Videos and Demonstrations.
Specific Duties Include:
- To support TOTUM customers in their use of app/website
- Triaging of user issues and fast diagnosis, solving of training issues and escalation / reproduction of defects in the application to development teams.
- Providing status updates to customers, technical staff, and end users for functional questions and technical issues as well as defects.
- Acquire knowledge of the different configurations that are available on the platform, enabling you to suggest the best method on a customer by customer basis.
- To support and train key staff when taking on a new digital products/services.
- Reporting of feedback suggestions from end users and technical staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that all issues are tracked, addressed, directed to the appropriate area and followed through to closure.
- Moderation of user forums and population of knowledge bases.
- Assisting in special project initiatives such as pilot and new product development testing & administration.
- To constantly seek positive customer testimonials for use in marketing materials and OneVoice communications.
- Experience of working in a customer / member support role. (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a customer / member focused environment. (Essential)
- Experience of managing the expectations and supporting the needs of a wide range of stakeholders up to and included chief executive level. (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a Higher Education or Third Sector environment. (Desirable)
- Experience of having managed a website previously, be it a personal blog or otherwise, on a platform such as WordPress, Blogger, Wix etc. (Desirable)
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent.
- Graduate or equivalent.
- Relevant qualification or training in front line product support and/or stakeholder engagement.
- Qualification in a subject that might aid a user in delivering support on a highly technical product (IT, Computer Science, Web Design, or similar)
- An existing, or an ability to develop a strong operating knowledge of various membership organisations, their behaviours and experience of having worked within or with membership organisations previously. (Essential)
- An ability to develop a clear understanding of the products/services OneVoice Digital offers and the potential benefits to new membership organisations and their members.
- The ability to work with others to create proactive engagement strategies to benefit our customers.
- Assertive, credible, professional and able to command respect from colleagues throughout multiple organisations. (Essential)
- An understanding of, or a willingness to learn basic HTML and CSS (Desirable)
This is a full time, permanent post, with annualised hours averaging 40 hours per week, Monday–Friday, normally worked between 9:00am–5:30pm, with occasional work outside these hours for extended support (eg SU elections).
Travel requirements: will include occasional travel to other offices in the UK and a small number of overnight stays. Travel time beyond normal working hours where this is unavoidable.
To apply: submit your CV to email@example.com